H&C Live 1996 - JazzNotJazz UK Tour - 31st Oct - South Shields, Custom House

Our first tour promoting our first record with the Scottish jazz label Linn Records. JazzNotJazz was recorded under amazing circumstances - the Glasgow Jazz Festival of 1996, where Greg lassoed world-class jazz players like guitarist Mike Stern (Miles Davis), both Brecker Brothers and drummer Danny Gottlieb, into a room in CaVA Studios, sometimes literally hot from their gigs.

Tonight's gig was at South Shields, Custom House. The whole tour had a line-up of Scottish and Scottish-based jazz musicians - including Tommy Smith, Sandro Ciancio, John Bleeze, Aidan O'Donnell - which gave us (and hopefully you) some of the most exciting musical experiences ever. This clip from YouTube showing us playing 'Virus of Love', one of the highlights of JazzNotJazz, will hopefully jog your memories.

We want to hear and see all your stories, memories and images. You can do so by filling in the white 'Reply to This' box below, and using the upload link below the box for pics.

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The best live show i have ever been to.
I saw H&C at The Island in Ilford, Essex on 27th November 1996 still got the ticket so just checked the date.

I know you are not driving in this lane anymore but I sure wish you'd take a detour

occasionally for a drive by.

The Jazz not Jazz gigs were really great. Remember going to a few of the shows at the Jazz Cafe, London.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Hue And Cry.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service